By Chelsea Boozer
When starting a business incorporation you will want to make sure you’ve crossed your t’s and dotted your i’s. Making sure you’ve done all the necessary footwork before hand can be overwhelming. EZOnlinefiling.com has combined all the necessary steps in one list, to help you from a business incorporation the easiest way possible.
- Pick a name – You will need to check to see if the name you choose is available. Click ‘BUSINESS NAME SEARCH’ on the navigation bar to do this.
- If you want to conduct business under another name than the one you file as, you will need to fill out a ‘do business as' form. This is commonly referred to as a DBA or Fictitious Name.
- Choose a state to incorporate in – EZOnlinefiling.com can help you do this. See “Choosing a State of Incorporation.”
- File any articles of incorporation – Click ‘Incorporate’ to read about our incorporation filing process.
- Appoint a Board of Directors – Read ‘The Board of Directors in a Corporation’ on our website.
- Construct corporate bylaws – This states the rules and procedures of your business incorporation.
- Attain licenses and permits that may be required for your corporation by the state you choose to incorporate in. – Speak to your state’s office for requirements.
- Get a corporate bank account.
- Get an EIN – this is a federal tax identification number. Go to ‘Get an EIN.’
- Get a schedule from the Internal Revenue Service to be sure of the dates and deadlines on filing federal tax returns.
- If your business incorporation will employ people, research workers’ compensation and OSHA safety regulations.
- Look into the benefits of ensuring your trade name under copyright and trademark laws.
- Check zoning laws for the city your business conducts business in. These laws are established by a city or town to set order in development of any company. The laws tell you how to use the land your company is on.
- Explore insurance options for your company.
- Print business cards for all of your officials.
- Create a letterhead and stationary.
- Create an e-mail address – many times this can be done through your website.
- Start-up and maintain a website.
After going through the above list and checking it over twice or more you should consult with an accounting professional to insure your business incorporation’s finances are in order. EZOnline filing can help you with any more business needs. For further detail and tips on starting a business incorporation read “Forming a Corporation” on our website.